Last Press Release issued 4 October 2002
BAR UK's General Meeting
- BAR UK, the trade association for scheduled airlines operating in the UK, held its last General Meeting for this year this morning at the Institute of Directors.
- BAR UK's Chairman, Mr Brandon O'Reilly of United Airlines, introduced new directors to the membership. They are Mr Nehemiah Kute of Kenya Airways, Ms Sally Martin of Qantas, Mr Paulo Rodrigues of VARIG and Mr Raja Segran of Singapore Airlines. The four have been co-opted to serve on the board until the next AGM in May 2003 and replace four directors who have been posted out of the UK.
- In addition Mr O'Reilly announced that Mr John Evans had taken on the role of Honorary Treasurer of BAR UK in succession to Adrian Gane of Cathay Pacific.
- Key issues for the meeting were the future of capacity to allow aviation to expand in the UK and the on-going review of the designated airports.
- The featured speaker was Richard Everitt, Chief Executive of the National Air Traffic Services (NATS).
- BAR UK's next General Meeting will take place at the Institute of Directors on Thursday 30th January 2003.
For further information contact:
||020 7393 1261
||020 7393 1206
Previous Press Releases
11.09.01 "New Chairman for BAR UK"
05.01.00 "Paul Ellis of British Airways co-opted to the Board of BAR UK Ltd."
01.09.98 "Yavuz Sökmen of Turkish Airlines takes over leadership of BAR UK"
08.07.98 "BAR UK Elects New Vice Chairman"
07.05.98 "BAR UK sets up Site on the Internet "
16.02.98 "United Airlines takes over leadership of BAR UK"
15.07.96 "Parliament passes Bill to curb crime in the air"