Air Canada - Market Support Manager (23Feb17)
MARKET SUPPORT MANAGER
Air Canada is Canada's largest full-service airline and the largest provider of scheduled passenger services in the Canadian market, the Canada-U.S. transborder market and in the International market to and from Canada.
We are currently going through an exciting period of International growth and are seeking a highly dynamic, results driven and creative individual. This role focuses on optimizing revenue results in selected EMEAI markets by monitoring our competitive position, with a Market Support Analyst as a direct report. An ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail is vital to this role. The role will be full time based at our Hatton Cross offices with free onsite parking, with regular travel to various destinations. Air Canada offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Join Air Canada’s innovative and diverse workforce and watch your career take flight!
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide early insight into market/channel/cabin/account/route performance and work with markets/Revenue Management/Pricing /other touch-points to resolve quickly.
- Support markets in putting together business cases for Leisure and Corporate Pricing. This includes direct interaction with Westbound Pricing when further escalation is required.
- Participate on weekly calls with the Revenue Management team and AJV Pricing team to ensure an EMEAI perspective and EMEAI needs are highlighted.
- Provide timely and relevant feedback to Manager, Business Development and Alliance Sales Strategy for bi-weekly Sales and Revenue Management calls.
- Provide support and guidance on Sales incentive structure, including cost of sale of annual deals as well as the effectiveness and ROI on tactical Sales actions.
- Liaise with designated markets to understand the issues and challenges and champion centrally, leveraging intelligence from other EMEAI markets.
- Identify and highlight gaps in inventory and distribution which impact our shelf position.
- Work closely with Sales Planning to ensure reports reflect the ongoing needs of the territory and the market, ensuring data integrity.
- Liaise with markets to provide input from AC perspective into global pricing products including: Humanitarian, Offshore, Marine & Partner Plus, based on market feedback and needs.
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects as required.
- Maintain & provide input into a centralized EMEAI database within the Business Development Unit (BDU). Use of various reports and data systems to assess our performance, liaising with other JV BDUs and Sales Planning to continuously improve analysis, techniques & data sources.
- In depth post analysis of tactical Sales actions both front and back-end to determine success, patterns and trends for future actions. This data to be incorporated into the BDU’s market intelligence and fed back to local markets.
- Provide training support within the BDU and to Sales teams.
- Must demonstrate developed communication skills and awareness to ensure the BDU functions effectively in a complex environment where teamwork is critical.
- Manage the development and performance of the Business Support Analyst.
- Travel on work related projects is necessary in this role, sometimes on very short notice.
- Strong analytical skills, able to quickly assess performance issues, identify causes and to find creative solutions.
- Demonstrates good commercial judgment and makes quick informed recommendations.
- Proven experience in managing incentive programmes.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships internally and with our AJV partners whilst ensuring AC’s position is well represented and not compromised.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Proven ability to assess and prioritize workload.
- Can work to imminent deadlines and adapt to changing goals and priorities.
- Co-operative and flexible team player.
- Ability to travel at short notice.
- Good knowledge of Tiger/Corona/TCR/PAXIS MI systems.
Please apply online at www.aircanada.com/careers by creating a profile and attaching your CV no later than 05:00hrs 23 February 2017.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.